The Edinburgh Realty eNewsletter
Issue #69 | December 2018Archive
Six top tips for preparing your home for Christmas
Make a list and check it twice so on Christmas Day your home will be nice and welcoming. Ticking off some tasks now means a merrier time when guests show up. Here are our top tips for preparing your home for Christmas.
1. Make space in your fridge and freezer. Avoid wrestling with freezer-burned saussies on the big day - make way for Auntie Bev’s icecream surprise now.
2. Fill up your fridge and freezer. Throw some BBQ goodies, bread rolls and croissants in the freezer just in case. Stock cupboards with treats and extra tea and coffee.
3. Delegate. Why should you have to do all the work? Get your elves involved in dusting, weeding and tidying – remind them Santa is watching!
4. Make the guest bedroom habitable. Clear the clutter, air things out, throw fresh linen on the bed and a mint on the pillow.
5. Keep up with the laundry. Make sure it’s baubles and tinsel guests admire hanging from the rafters, not socks, undies and sheets.
6. Make key areas sparkle. Clear and clean your kitchen and bathroom. Find Christmassy scented soaps of cinnamon and nutmeg, or hope some unexpected guests pop by with frankincense and myrrh. ‘Tis the season after all!