The Edinburgh Realty eNewsletter
Issue #70 | January 2019Archive
Six top tips for making New Year property resolutions
Whether 2019 is the year of the reno, the bach or the Big Move, there are habits to make life easier, when buying, selling or enjoying your forever home. Here are our six top tips for making New Year’s resolutions for your property.
1. Can we fix it? Yes we can! Or if not, get a tradey in to tidy up those drains, roof tiles and broken boards.
2. Get a skip. Make a plan to purge your home and garage of old, faded, broken stuff. Get on Trade Me or gift unwanted treasures to your family.
3. Get someone in. If cleaning or gardening isn’t your thing, schedule regular help to trim hedges and crush dust bunnies before they become monsters.
4. Save your energy. Make 2019 the year of the cosy winter, with an insulation, lighting and heating check-up.
5. Carry an umbrella. Set up a rainy day account for home maintenance, and check your home valuation and insurance is up to date.
6. Prepare to pounce. If buying, make a plan for selling, get good advice and line up your financial ducks as needed. To get the latest property listings in Otago, matching your personal preferences, sign up to our Dream Home alerts: www.edinburghrealty.co.nz/dream-home