The Edinburgh Realty eNewsletter
Issue #111 | July 2022Archive
What’s on this July in Otago
This month, rug up and venture out for some heartwarming winter cheer with events to illuminate and entertain.
This weekend, catch the last few days of the Dunedin Puaka Matariki Festival with a cluster of fun events around Dunedin. Learn how to make twine using plant materials, get your gummies and your gardening gloves on for a native planting and work day, take the kids along to the Glow Show, and bring along your yoga mat or blanket to the Restorying Tinana workshop.
Fans of The Feelers can catch their Communicate 21st Anniversary Tour this Thursday 7 July. Celebrate triple-platinum album ‘Communicate’, played live in its entirety for the first time ever, with other number one classics, live at the Union Hall.
Wrap up warm and visit the Dunedin Midwinter Carnival “Islands of Light”, taking place in six sessions over two nights, 8 and 9 July. Get your ticket now or pay-it-forward to help all families enjoy the magic of the lantern procession around Moray Place and the First Church carnival village featuring live performances and installations.
If you’re in Central that weekend, book your lantern, light up your hat and get along to the Light Up Winter night time spectacular, 9 July in Cromwell. Kids big and small will have a ball with tasty street food, curling, ice skating, a craft cave, kids-only disco-on-ice, live music and face painting, and a lantern release to take your breath away.
The 9 July is a huge night, with the All Blacks playing Ireland at Forsyth Barr Stadium. Before heading along to the big game, enjoy drinks, tapas and live music at the Otago Museum cafe Pregame Party, from 4pm.
There’s nothing like a good rock anthem to blow away the winter blues. Get your tickets for the Rock Tenors, performing live in a two-hour show of rock hits from the biggest hits in music, from Bowie to Queen, Eagles to Aerosmith, 28 July to 6 August.
Finally this month, we can’t wait for the Edinburgh Premier Art Awards exhibition, open to the public from 30 July to 27 August at the Otago Art Society. View artworks in this year’s fabulous selection of entries and be sure to make your pick for the People’s Choice Award. See you there!
- Dunedin Puaka Matariki Festival - 1-3 July Dunedin Puaka Matariki Festival - Dunedin - Eventfinda
- The Feelers COMMUNICATE 21st anniversary tour - 7 July, Union Hall The Feelers COMMUNICATE 21st anniversary tour - Dunedin - Eventfinda
- 2022 Dunedin Midwinter Carnival: “Islands of Light” - 8 and 9 July 2022 Dunedin Midwinter Carnival: "Islands of Light" - Dunedin - Eventfinda
- Infinite energy light up winter (Cromwell) - 9 July Infinite Energy Light Up Winter - Cromwell - Eventfinda
- All Blacks vs Ireland Pregame Party - 9 July All Blacks vs Ireland Pregame Party - Dunedin - Eventfinda
- Rock Tenors - 28 July - 6 August Rock Tenors - Dunedin - Eventfinda
- Edinburgh Art Awards 2022 – Edinburgh Art Awards - Dunedin - Edinburgh Realty