The Edinburgh Realty eNewsletter
Issue #101 | September 2021Archive
Selling in the digital age
Events of the last year have taught every industry the same lesson: ongoing investment in the digital environment is pivotal. Real estate is no exception. With the complete marketing toolbox unavailable at times, depending on level restrictions, the industry has had to dive deeper into digital technology. Last year’s New Zealand-wide lockdown demonstrated how time at home leads more people to scroll for property online and consider their next move. That ‘pent-up’ demand resulted in the huge popularity of property we saw post-lockdown.
While digital technology can be overwhelming, with new apps and social platforms appearing all the time, some go-to options to consider for online property marketing are:
- Social Media - for real estate, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn are the most prominent
- Websites - a good way to get your property in front of its target market, through agency sites such as Trade Me, and realestate.co.nz
- Digital Advertising - many online platforms offer digital display ads that target your specific area or market. Digital advertising is targeted, cost effective and completely measurable
- Video - more engaging than static advertising, and performs well on social media
- Digital walk-through - perfect for showcasing a home to out-of-town buyers or potential purchasers who can’t make it to open homes
- Professional photography - great photos can be the difference between people flicking right past your property, or stopping mid-scroll to become a serious purchaser
To maximise your result, your property should be across as many avenues as possible to get in front of the right type of buyer. Here at Edinburgh we have a dedicated in-house marketing team who can help you advertise your property in the digital space.