The Edinburgh Realty eNewsletter
Issue #57 | December 2017Archive
Six top tips: The super-quick house clean
Here are our top tips on how to quickly tidy up, when you get that dreaded phone call from friends, saying they’re in town and are popping in for a cuppa.
1. Take a deep breath. Think about which room you’ll be entertaining in and prioritise it. (Do allow five minutes for the toilet, too. They are bound to want a loo stop.)
2. Grab a wash basket and throw in any excess homely items. You know… the husband’s three-days-worn socks, the dog’s plucked tennis ball, the Easy Sudoku you embarrassingly can’t crack. Stash the basket in the spare room and shut the door. Firmly.
3. Vacuum strategically. Plot the path from the front door to the entertaining room and vacuum accordingly. No more, no less.
4. Sniff test. Is the room aired? Or does it smell like the husband’s socks and the dog?
4. Wipe the wine glass rings off the coffee table.
6. Pick a posy. It will only take a few minutes to duck outside with the kitchen scissors. Your homegrown posy will divert visitors’ eyes away from the potentially dusty corners of the room.