The Edinburgh Realty eNewsletter
Issue #109 | May 2022Archive
What’s on: May in Otago
Thankfully things are all go again for the last month of Autumn in Otago, with a variety of fun and colourful events in Dunedin and Central.
First up, lose yourself in exhilarating remote mountain adventures and sports action - at the Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival 4-5 May at the Queenstown Memorial Centre. Then on Saturday 7 May, find yourself something spectacular among the vintage, hand-made and pre-loved women’s clothing at the I Am Found Market of professional stalls at the Maori Hill Community Centre.
Unlucky for some, but not for the Highlanders we hope! This Friday the thirteenth, cheer on our boys against the Force at the Forsyth Barr Stadium. Bring the kids and get close to the action in the family zone, join the zoo with your mates or treat yourself to gold or platinum viewing for our first international Super Rugby Pacific home game.
On 18 May, refresh and revitalise body, mind and soul with Yoga with the Butterflies. Hot Yoga Dunedin instructors lead a gentle, basic hatha yoga class surrounded by more than a thousand butterflies inside the Tropical Forest at the Otago Museum.
It’s time to celebrate sporting success and support the North End Rowing Club with An Evening with Hamish Bond. Get your tickets and enjoy a great night out at the fundraising Black Tie Dinner to be held on Friday 20 May at The Hub, Otago Polytechnic.
Finally on Saturday 28 May, Queenstown is hosting the Urban Wine Walk. Grab your tickets and your friends, then choose from one of the handpicked venues of local bars and restaurants to begin your self-guided tour of delicious wines from New Zealand’s top winemakers. That sounds like a fun weekend away to finish off the month!
- Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival – Queenstown Memorial Centre, 4 & 5 May 2022, Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival - Queenstown - Queenstown - Eventfinda
- I Am Found Vintage & Preloved Clothing Market, Sat 7 May 2022, I Am Found Vintage & Preloved Clothing Market - Dunedin - Eventfinda
- Highlanders v Force, Forsyth Barr Stadium, Friday 13 May 2022 7:05pm – 8:50pm Highlanders v Force - Dunedin - Eventfinda
- Yoga with the Butterflies, 18 May 2022, Yoga with the Butterflies - Dunedin - Eventfinda
- An Evening with Hamish Bond, 20 May 2022, An Evening with Hamish Bond Tickets, Fri 20/05/2022 at 7:00 PM | Eventbrite
- Urban Wine Walk Queenstown, May 28 2022, Urban Wine Walk Queenstown (NZ) Tickets, Sat 28/05/2022 at 12:00 pm | Eventbrite